Why is train no 12179 running on 8th October and no other days?

cancellation
traincancelled
Why is train no 12179 running on 8th October and no other days?
0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0

(Sajal K Basu) #1

I was looking to book 12179 (LUCKNOW to AGRA intercity) on 8th October, I am surprised to see that it is running on this particular day and no other day from 1-20th October.

I read in IRinfo that
"Train has been cancelled from 09.09.2019 to 20.10.2019 Due to yard remodeling work nd Non interlocking work at Tundla Jn…"
How come this is running just on this particular date? Or is this an error and if I buy a ticket it will eventually be cancelled.

(Prabhat Kumar) #2

@Sajal_K_Basu
The train 12179/Lucknow-Agra Intercity Express has been cancelled from 09.09.2019 to 20.10.2019 due to yard re-modelling work at Tundla Junction.
The train is not running on 8th October. I checked this on IRCTC and there are no trains between Lucknow and Agra on the 8th October.

(Sajal K Basu) #3

Please check this screenshot of irctc (LJN - AF 8th oct 2019)

(Prabhat Kumar) #4

@Sajal_K_Basu
Okay. Actually I checked the train between Lucknow Charbagh and Agra Cantt which is why no train appeared.
I contacted the Railways helpline for this query and they said that the train will depart on 8th of October and therefore the seats are being shown as available in the train. According to them, this isn’t an error and the train will depart from Lucknow Junction on 8th October.