Why is Railways charging catering fare for my journey which starts at 23:15 and ends at 03:52 am?

Why is Railways charging catering fare for my journey which starts at 23:15 and ends at 03:52 am?
0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0

(Balaji Iyer) #1

I booked online 2 3TAC tkts from MMCT to BRC for 11.3.18 by Mumbai Central- Jaipur Duronto exp. I was asked food choice. I don’t understand why catering is charged when I my journey started at 2315 hrs and ended at 0352 hrs !!

(Balaji) #2

sir, its simple that Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Durunto range of trains go with food preference option for its passengers. hence it’s you choice to opt for it or not depending on your journey & food timings.It’s not compulsory to opt.

(Priya) #3

@Balaji_Iyer that should not be the case. If you book tickets from MMCT to BRC for train 12239 (Mumbai-Jaipur Duronto) in any class, you will not be charged for meal, however while booking ticket IRCTC asks for meal option (Which I think is a glitch) but if you see fare breakup, there is no Catering charge involved. Hence, do not worry, if your To and From stations are just as above, there will not be any catering charge involved in the total ticket fare for this train!

Once you select MMCT to Ratlam for same train, you will see a catering of Rs. 10 and 15 in 2A/3A and 1A classes respectively. Further you select Sawai Madhopur/Jaipur, this catering charge will increase and Railways will provide food as per the Railway services!