Should I avail concession or forgo concession while booking ticket for a senior citizen?

concession
seniorcitizen
Should I avail concession or forgo concession while booking ticket for a senior citizen?
0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0

(Chandan Mahto) #1

Which option should I choose for 63 year old?

1. Avail concession
  2. Forgo 50% concession
  3. Forgo full concession

(Akhil) #2

Senior citizens (i.e. Men having age of 60 or more OR women having age of 58 or more) are entitled to concession when booking ticket in general quota. The concession is 40% for men and 50% for women. Recently, irctc has introduced an option where a senior citizen can forgo concession i.e. a senior citizen can opt to pay full fare and not avail concession. Lets assume a case where ticket base fare is Rs.100. The senior citizen passenger (say female passenger) has 3 option.

1. Avail Concession:- You can get full concession you are entitled to. You have to pay Rs.50 as base fare only.
  2. Forgo 50% concession:- You can opt for only half concession. Here you will pay Rs.75 to Railways as base fare.
  3. Forgo full concession:- You can choose this option when you do not want to get any concession. Here you will pay full Rs.100 for the ticket.

Since there is no difference in service for these cases, the cheapest option is to avail concession. Usually this is the option most senior citizens choose.

(Chandan Mahto) #3

4554832443 am get a sleeper seat or it will be in RAC?

(Chandan Mahto) #4

While travel she has to carry original date of birth proof or xerox will fine?