22919 train having luggage facility for taking my bike
Yes, you can load your bike in luggage van of train no. 22919 MGR Chennai Central Ahmedabad Humsafar Express. But for that, you need to follow certain steps.
- A day before your train’s departure, go to the railway station and fill out the luggage form completely. It’s better to go a day before the journey to make sure that you have a reservation for your luggage. Otherwise, the spots might get filled up completely and you won’t be able to book your luggage anymore.
- You would be given a luggage receipt and your endorsed train ticket for the luggage. Keep these two as they are necessary proofs for getting your luggage back.
- On the day of your train schedule, make sure that you reach the railway station at least three hours in advance. Go to the parcel office and present your luggage receipt and endorsed train ticket for the luggage.
- They would then load the luggage but make sure it’s being loaded to the same train as yours. You can then board the same train and wait for the journey to end.
- Once you reach the destination railway station, go to the parcel office again and show your luggage receipt as well as endorsed train ticket for the luggage. They will then get your luggage from the train, give you a gate pass.
For more clarity, you can call on 139 which is the helpline number of the Indian Railways.